We practice law in these areas:
You may want to consider Chapter 13 if:
- You have significant equity in a home or other property and you want to keep it.
- You have regular income and can pay your living expenses, but you can’t keep up the scheduled payments on your debts.
Advantages of Chapter 13
- You can keep most of your property while spreading out time to pay past due accounts.
- You’ll have 3-5 years to catch up delinquent accounts – according to a schedule that you and the bankruptcy trustee have agreed agreed is workable for you.
- You’ll make one monthly payment to the bankruptcy trustee for distribution – you’ll have no direct contact with creditors during the protection period of 3-5 years.
- Co-signers may be protected
Who Can File Chapter 13?
- Any individual debtor whose unsecured debts are below $360,475 and whose secured debts are less than $1,081,400.00
Let the experienced attorneys at Hurtik Law & Associates assist you in filing your bankruptcy. Allow us to guide you through this difficult and confusing process. Contact Hurtik Law & Associates to set up an appointment for a free evaluation at (702) 966-5200. Your no-obligation consultation with a licensed attorney knowledgeable of bankruptcy will assist you in determining whether bankruptcy is right for you.